01 02 03 Eat. Pray. WOD.: A HUGE, LIFE-CHANGING ANNOUNCEMENT! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A HUGE, LIFE-CHANGING ANNOUNCEMENT!

34
All of you know by now that I moved back to Houston. 

My original plan was to move back here temporarily while I tried to get selected for Marine Officer Candidate School. Unfortunately, my family needs me right now in a way that I can't provide if I'm at Quantico. So the move to Houston is permanent. 

Once I determined I'd be making a permanent move, I started looking for jobs. And job hunting sucks. It, in itself, is a full time job. I applied for approximately 19,481,020,181,391,003,484,930,310,320 jobs (give or take about 3) and was pretty much told I was either under qualified or over qualified for all of them. 


Bummer.

I was pretty down about it and Mama Nancy suggested I see about finding a possible part time gig as a CrossFit coach in the meantime. I answered a CraigsList ad looking for a coach and sure enough, got the job (YAY, ME!).

But that's not the big announcement.

Shortly after I got the job, the owner operator of the box decided he no longer wanted to be a box owner and essentially walked away...leaving this awesome box and awesome members without an owner and a coach...

...so I bought it.


I'M A BOX OWNER,Y'ALL!

Now that everything is official and I have my affiliation, I can say that I am the proud owner and coach at CrossFit 3600 in Houston, Texas. I am honored and humbled to have such an incredible opportunity to help others in their fitness journey the way I have been helped. 




I will say, if you had asked me 3 years ago if this is what I'd be doing, I would have said, "HELL NO". Of course, with any leap of faith and pursuit of passion, there will be nay-sayers and doubters who will tell you that you can't reach your goals and that you can't do the things you want. But all I have to say to that is, "watch me." 

In just my 3 short weeks back in Texas I have connected with SO MANY PEOPLE who are interested in being healthy and living a fit lifestyle through CrossFit and I cannot wait to provide them with that opportunity and watch them grow.

If you're in the Houston area, please feel free to come by and and drop in OR if you're looking for a CrossFit family in Houston, come join ours! We've got plenty of room. 


Thank you so much everyone who has supported me through this journey and process and thank you in advance for all of your well-wishes and support. So far it has been 16 hour days in the gym, lots of programming, planning, working, cleaning toilets (!!!!), sweeping chalk, signing membership agreements, and seeing sweaty, smiling faces...and I love every single second of it.

"1 CrossFit workout takes 1 hour from start to finish. 3600 seconds. That's all we need to change your life." 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38